As Christians, we approach this ongoing pandemic centered in our faith. Our savior, Jesus Christ, calls us to love our neighbors and care for the sick and vulnerable in our midst. With that in mind, our congregation’s leadership has made the commitment to follow the guidelines set forth by the CDC, the State of Illinois, Winnebago County, and the ELCA. Our Bishop, Jeff Clements, strongly encourages all congregations to take these guidelines seriously without searching for creative ways around the very rules designed to keep us healthy. The council has prepared the following strategy and guidelines so that St. Mark can continue to be a community that gathers together and cares for one another.
1. Though the individual hours of our staff remain flexible, the church office hours are from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
2. Small groups are allowed to meet on-site. Leaders and attendees must follow the Small Group Guidelines listed at the bottom of this page.
3. Anyone who participates in activities, programs, or services must complete the waiver form, Participation During a Pandemic, available in the church office.
4. Starting on February 7th, our 9:30 am live service will be able to host up to 40 worshippers in the congregation. We will have pre-registration and will also continue to follow the small group guidelines we have had since July, which call for signing a waiver, wearing a mask, and staying six feet away from others. If there is enough demand, additional Sunday services will be added.
5. Certain precautions have been put in place to ensure the safety of all who enter.
For the safety of all our members, and in keeping with our calling as Christians to love our neighbors, groups that meet on-site must follow these guidelines. Groups that meet off-site are strongly encouraged to follow these to the best of their ability. The health and welfare of our members and visitors is our number one priority in resuming all activities at St. Mark Lutheran Church.
When 100% of attendees are fully vaccinated against COVID-I9, certain precautions are not required. Small Group Leaders are responsible for determining if their group is fully vaccinated and able to forego these guidelines. Guidelines in bold must still be followed.
Small Group Leaders: